Monday, June 22, 2009

REJOICE!

“It is time to celebrate before the LORD your God at the place He chooses to put His name to be honoured. Celebrate with your whole family, all your servants, all the Levites from your towns foreigners and orphans, and widows who live among you. Remember that you were slaves in Egypt: so be careful to obey this laws.” Deuteronomy 16:11-12 TLB

REJOICE! It is given to you to rejoice in the presence of your maker. God is omnipotent and omnipresent, so you are supposed to rejoice anywhere you are. There is no where that you can run to that God is not there. David discovered this and penned it sweetly in the following scripture:

“Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.” (Psalms 139:7-12 KJV)

Since God is everywhere you ought to rejoice where ever you find your self because God commands you to do so especially where He has chosen to put His name. It doesn’t matter how the tears of the night has been, joy will come in the morning. From the scripture we read, to rejoice means to be glad, to be happy, to be satisfied, and to be filled with joy. For some people their joy level has gone so low! They have been bent over and caged in their spirit by the circumstances of life, such as the global economic crisis, personal loss, pain, death of a loved one etc. Whatever has caged your spirit, I speak as an oracle of God; I command those gates to be broken open in the mighty name of Jesus. Let the joy level that has gone low in you begin to rise in the mighty name of Jesus.

To rejoice means to exult, to celebrate in His presence. When you go out and you come in, your children exult at your arrival. That’s the way you ought to be rejoicing before your Heavenly Father. Whatever the situations and the circumstances of your life, you just rejoice in the LORD your God because you have just been presented with another opportunity to demonstrate the power of God. You should not look at situations and circumstances as if they are fixed. They are not fixed! There is no mountain that is fixed before Zerubbabel, neither can any mountain limit your joy.

“Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it. (Zechariah 4:7 KJV)”

Excuse me mountain, who art thou? Declare yourself, because the God I serve when He moves Himself, mountains skip as ram before Him.

You have to rejoice since you know the end from the beginning. Rejoicing is for you and your entire family including the strangers within your jurisdiction. As a believer you are not supposed to have anybody around you that is unable to make it.

When I was much younger, we used to live in Makurdi, in the railway compound and I was a little bit smallish in stature. There were this group of boys in the environment tormenting my sister and me. They just enjoyed beating us up. And I was the favourite in the family. So you can only imagine if I come home crying, everyone at home will be interested in knowing who beat me up. One of my cousins then was a mechanic, so you can only imagine how all his biceps were bulky and well built up. So usually, on our way back from school those bullies will take on my sister and I and all we could do was go home and cry. Then my cousin decided to take on those boys for us. Every time they attempted to beat us again, he would give them a thorough beating. It was such a delight to see those bullies belittled and my sister and I had the joy of jeering at them as they were beaten, humiliated and confounded before our eyes by our cousin. That is how you are supposed to be rejoicing in the face of the devil. Jesus has taken him on and he is defeated for you!


Go out this new week, fear no foe, face your variety of challenges, be strong, be bold, be courageous and God has gone ahead to give you victory. Rejoice in the face of those adversities, let them know they cannot limit you. We all have challenges, but what makes the difference is how we respond to those challenges of life. I want you this week to rejoice, as you do so, the devil will be ashamed, and the obtacles he's put in your way will melt like ram, because when you rejoice, you release the angels of God to fight for you. Victory is certain, so rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment